PBA Royal Performing Arts and Training School provides acting classes for ages 4 and older (no age limit). The classes will be broken down into 3 segments; each segment is 15 weeks long:
- Acting 1: Through improvisation, monologues, and exercises, the students will understand and learn the tools needed to begin an acting career where they will focus on character and script analysis. Students will also be taught how to act on camera for all commercial, industrial, film and TV auditions. Students will receive accelerated instruction in audition technique, acting for the camera, commercial acting, theatrical acting as well as improvisation. This will be a fast-paced class focused on creating a well-rounded performer with abilities in all genres of acting. Techniques include slating, adjusting for different frame sizes and how to nail the audition. A 1-minute video will be provided on DVD of a chosen scene by the student to act on camera to have sent to potential jobs.
- Acting 2: Through character, relationship, and scene work, students will learn to make creative effective choices and will continue to work on their craft. Students will learn intimate details that are necessary for the actor to make the transition form stage to camera. Through tapings and play backs the actors can see first hand how their work is growing. The first four weeks will focus on building characters, tapping into emotion, and the difference between “acting” and “being real”. The last four weeks will have the students working on camera to help find a deeper connection with the craft of acting through the play of Spolin’s theater games, scene study, and some writing of original monologues (the writing of original monologues are excluded for children ages 4-8). This is the perfect course for young talent committed to pursuing a professional acting career, already working professionally, or planning to attend a conservatory-style performance arts high school or college.Class work will focus on scenes and monologues with the goal of continued growth in acting process, and sending graduates away with strong audition material they can use immediately. This twelve-week course will culminate in a performance for family and friends; students will present scenes and/or monologues in a professional-style showcase.Acting 2 will also include an opportunity for students to create a professional acting resume suitable for submission to agencies, casting directors, and university acting programs. At the end of the semester students will have the opportunity to showcase their skills. A 2-minute video will be provided on DVD of a chosen scene by the student to act on camera to have sent to potential jobs
- Acting 3: A more in-depth and rigorous course. Students will be challenged on acting skills and will provide an individual assessment. Through advanced script analysis and exercises, the actor will work in front of the camera taking the techniques learned from the previous levels and will create a 5 minute video will be provided on DVD of a chosen scene by the student to act on camera to have sent to potential jobs. This will also provide the student to showcase their talent and skill at the end of the semester.
STUDENT WILL FOCUS ON:
- Full 2 person scenes from plays
- Choices and how to make them quickly/ Improvising
- Relaxation techniques
- Styles and Genres
- Staying IN the moment
- Advanced character study
- Understanding the art of rehearsal
- One and one evaluation
The duration of each course is 15 weeks at a cost of $850 for ages 4-11 and $950 ages 12+. Classes are 2 hours for ages 4-11 and 3 hours for ages 12+, all classes meet 1 time per week. Students will be provided with the appropriate materials for class and scenes to act out. If students feel that they should be placed in a more advanced course, that student will have to audition for the instructor of the desired course. Students wishing to audition must provide own scene to perform.
Acting for Kids (4-12) and Teens (13-17)
These age groups will follow the same format of the above courses but will be tailored towards their specific age groups. Acting for kids and teens will focus on building confidence all while making friends and having fun. Age groups will be divided as such: 4-6, 7-11, 12-17.
If a student begins with Acting 1, and wants to continue their acting knowledge by moving onto Acting 2, and Acting 3, students will pay the initial $850, and $750 for every section thereafter. Acting 1 is $650 for students 4-11, if student wishes to continue their acting knowledge by moving onto Acting 2, and Acting 3, students will pay the initial $650, and $600 for every section thereafter.
|Acting 1||12+||$850||2 hours||1 day/ week for 15 weeks|
|Acting 2||12+||$850. If student has completed Acting 1 with PBA, and wishes to continue onto Acting 2, Student receives 10% discount from original price.||2 hours||1 day/ week for 15 weeks|
|Acting 3||12+||$850. If student has completed Acting 1 with PBA, and wishes to continue onto Acting 3, Student receives 10% discount from original price.||2 hours||1 day/ week for 15 weeks|
|Acting 1, 2, 3||12+||$2500||2 hours||1 day/ week for 15 weeks|
|Acting 1||4-11||$799. If student has completed Acting 1 with PBA, and wishes to continue onto Acting 2 &/or 3, Student receives 10% discount.||2 hours||1 day/ week for 15 weeks|
|Acting 1, 2, 3||4-11||$2347||2 hours||1 day/ week for 15 weeks|